Sunday 24 February 2013

The 85th Academy Awards

Now that we know who the winner of the 85th Academy Awards are, I'm going to blog about it, and mention the winners along with some personal opinions.

Best Picture
Winner: Argo

Best Director
Winner: Ang Lee (for Life of Pi)

Best Actress
Winner: Jennifer Lawrence (for Silver Linings Playbook)

Best Actor
Winner: Daniel Day-Lewis (for Lincoln)


Best Supporting Actress
Winner: Anne Hathaway (for Les Miserables)

Best Supporting Actor
Winner: Christoph Waltz (for Django Unchained)

Best Writing- Original Screenplay
Winner: Django Unchained- Quentin Tarantino

Best Writing- Adapted Screenplay
Winner: Argo- Chris Terrio from The Master of Disguise by Anthony J. Mendez & The Great Escape by Joshuah Bearman

Best Animated Feature
Winner: Brave- Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman

Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: Amour (Austria)

Best Documentary- Feature
Winner: Searching for Sugar Man- Malik Bendjelloul and Simon Chinn

Best Documentary- Short Subject
Winner: Innocente- Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine 

Best Live Action Short Film
Winner: Curfew- Shawn Christensen

Best Animated Short Film
Winner: Paperman - John Kahrs

Best Original Score
Winner: Life of Pi - Mychael Danna

Best Original Song
Winner: ''Skyfall'' from Skyfall- Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth

Best Sound Editing
Winners:
* Skyfall- Paul Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers 
* Zero Dark Thirty- Paul N. J. Ottosson

Best Sound Mixing
Winner: Les Miserables- Andy Nelson, Mark Paterson, and Simon Hayes

Best Production Design
Winner: Lincoln- Rick Carter and Jim Erickson

Best Cinematography
Winner: Life of Pi- Claudio Miranda

Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Winner: Les Miserables- Lisa Westcott and Julie Dartnell

Best Costume Design
Winner: Anna Karenina- Jacqueline Durran

Best Film Editing
Winner: Argo - William Goldenberg

Best Visual Effects
Winner: Life of Pi- Bill Westenhofer, Guillaume Rocheron, Erik-Jan de Boer, and Donald R. Elliott

(Note: I haven't listed the other nominees because it would have taken a lot of time).

Personal opinions:

I haven't yet seen Argo. Among the Best Picture nominees, I have seen Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Les Miserables, and Lincoln. My favorites among these are Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook, and the least favorite is Life of Pi.

I didn't like Life of Pi very much, but it was a VERY well-directed film, and I am quite glad that Ang Lee has won the Best Director Award.

Two winners who were highly predictable were: Daniel Day-Lewis (Best Actor) and Amour (Best Foreign Language Film). It wasn't a surprise when they won.

I was extremely delighted when Jennifer Lawrence (Best Actress) and Anne Hathaway (Best Supporting Actress) won the awards. Jennifer Lawrence is one of my favorite actresses, and I think she is one of the most talented young actresses ever. She gave an amazingly brilliant performance in ''Silver Linings Playbook''.

Anne Hathaway isn't one of my favorites, yet she is a brilliant actress, and I like her a lot. She was excellent in Les Miserables. I was very happy when she won the awards.

I haven't yet watched Django Unchained, so I can't give my opinion about Christoph Waltz. The only Best Supporting Actor nominated films I've seen are ''Lincoln'' and ''Silver Linings Playbook''.

I am very happy about the 85th Academy Awards, and the winners all did a great job in the films for which they won the awards.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment