Friday 7 September 2012

Life is Beautiful (1997 movie)




Directed by: Roberto Benigni
Released:
1997
Country
: Italy
Original title:
 La vita è bella

Plot synopsis

A witty Jewish man and a non-Jewish woman fall in love and they get married. Some years pass, they are now the parents of a little boy. As the World War II starts, the man and his son are transported to a concentration camp. The man must use his humor for keeping his son knowing the terrible truth...

Cast

Roberto Benigni as Guido Orefice
Nicoletta Braschi as Dora
Giorgio Cantarini as Giosuè
Pietro De Silva as Bartolomeo
Giustino Durano as Eliseo Orefice



Achievements

''Life Is Beautiful'' won three Oscars.

My Opinion

I simply loved this movie. I actually cannot shortly describe what I feel about this movie, because it is such a touching and nice movie that it cannot be explained easily. The whole movie is filled with humorous elements, but there is also tragedy. Roberto Benigni is wonderful as the witty Guido; Nicoletta Braschi is also good as Dora. It's according to my opinion one of the best movies ever made and one of my favorite films.

5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment