Tuesday 25 September 2012

Megamind (2010 movie)




Directed by: Tom McGrath
Released: 2010
Country: United States

Cast: Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, David Cross

Genres: Action comedy

Rating: 3 out of 5

Review

I hadn't watched an animated film for a while, so I decided to watch Megamind. I don't usually like action films that much, but Megamind is a very different action movie: filled with humorous elements, and has a different story.

It is about supervillain Megamind, always ignored. When he defeats the superhero Metro Man, he falls disappointed as there is nothing to do. Then he creates a superhero, Titan, who then turns out evil. Only Megamind can save the people now from the hands of Titan...

As I mentioned, the story was quite interesting, and I found it rather sweet and felt pity for Megamind from the beginning of the movie. Poor boy, always being ignored by classmates and teachers! When he turned evil, I felt really angry at him, but when he gloriously defeated the evil villain Titan, I felt so happy!

I am not a fan of action movies, or superhero films. But Megamind is actually completely different! There is much use of action, yes, but the actions are not excessive or lengthy. They are presented, often, with humor.In fact, I think that Megamind is more a comedy than an action. Some scenes are extremely funny. Some scenes are deeply moving. 

Overall, though a superhero film, Megamind has a good story and presented in a quite remarkable way with humorous elements. A very good family movie, enjoyable,  and one of the action movies which I've found truly engrossing and enjoyable.

3 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment